Saturday 26 November 2016

Postcards for the Weekend – Library

Oh-oh. I find myself in trouble with this week’s theme(s) (museum/university/library), as I haven’t got my postcards sorted like that…

The only card that popped immediately to mind was one that I received rather early on in postcrossing. And as I haven’t received all that many from Australia, I also knew where to find it.

New South Wales State Library

AU-290210 (2013)

Mitchell Library – The State Library of New South Wales in Sydney. It is the oldest library in Australia. (Link to Wikipedia.)

Weekend Linky Party:

15 comments:

  1. It looks like many of the buildings here, especially the courthouses. I would never have known it is Australian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought would not have been that it was a library, either.

      Delete
  2. I don't sort my postcards like that either! Glad to hear I'm not the only person. I may have seen the library on one of my trips to Sydney, but it is completely possible that I am mixing it up with another building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I just have just sorted my postcrossing photo postcards according to country.

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely postcard! Have a great Sunday.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this postcard, too. Not the typical Australian image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing history the NSW Library has, thanks for the link. I've seen their great photo collection on Flickr in the past but hadn't realised the size of their collections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica, excellent find for the theme! I don't have any library postcard myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming up with the challenges, Maria.

      Delete
  7. Another library one is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now I'm intrigued. Your Museum card arrived after I had already posted this, I'm afraid. But most welcome none the less! Perhaps it will fit in with some other future theme :)

      Delete
    2. No the one on its way is a proper library one.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...