Friday 19 August 2016

Skywatch Friday – Lookout

DSC_0661-001

On our way back to town after our day out in the countryside the other week (visiting an old mill and a wood sculpture museum), we also made a short detour to a lookout spot high up on the hills west/north-west of Borås, from where you get quite a good view over the city. Unfortunately it suddenly started raining just after we got there; but at least I managed to snatch these two views before we had to leave (rather in a hurry!).

CIMG9207

It’s not all easy to find one’s bearings straight away, looking out over the whole city from an unfamiliar perspective; but the new ‘skyscraper’ built a couple of years ago does stand out as a landmark (so far the tallest building in town, even if competition is being planned). I see the top of that tower from where I live as well – which is somewhere to the right of this photo, out of view!

Sharing with Skywatch Friday

14 comments:

  1. what a wonderful view those people have sitting there. hope they did not get to wet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, they left when the rain started, just like we did!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to see your town all laid out below you! We have a few overlooks and can do this too. It gives me a warm feeling to see it all laid out below. And at night, it is all twinkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does give a different perspective compared to the limited views you get when you're down there :)

      Delete
  3. The first picture is great! It could stand as a metaphor, couldn't it, for a young couple looking at what the future may hold - the clouds could dispel and let the sunshine through, or they could gather further and shed rain on them.
    I really like looking at places from different perspectives! Maybe you remember my post "On Top of the World", when I climbed the church spire of my town and looked across Ludwigsburg in all directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Meike, now that you mention it, I remember :)
      And you're right about the couple in the first picture adding something to the photo besides the view itself. (I like it when I can catch people in my photos like that without infringing too much on their privacy.)

      Delete
  4. It's good to have a view from above and also to know that there are hills near you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's quite a hilly landscape around here (even if not exactly mountainous). The town is really only flat just along the river in central town. Whereever else you go, it's uphill from the town center... Where I live now is pretty much in the flat area, but my first 20+ years here I lived on top of a hill (phew).

      Delete
  5. What a great view. I'd love to see our area from above. I hope you get another chance to visit in the future and take more photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I think the last (and possibly also first) time I was up there before must have been way back in the 1980's, or possibly early 90's!

      Delete
  6. a nice spot to observe the city.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...